The purpose of APABA-IN is to provide a vehicle and forum for the unified expression of opinions and positions for APA law students, lawyers, and judges in the State of Indiana, to promote the advancement of APAs in the legal profession, and to assist in voicing the concerns of the growing APA community in Indiana. APAs comprise about 1.8% of the population in Indiana and are the fastest growing minority group in the legal profession nationwide.
Attached is a list of our Board Members and their titles/affiliations. Some of our accomplishments in just this past year include the following:
- Organizing and hosting APABA-IN’s 2ndAnnual Dinner Gala with 150 attendees and sponsorships from many of the top law firms in Indiana;
- Organizing and hosting the “Year of the Dog” CLE in conjunction with the Chinese New Year;
- Organizing and hosting the “Diversity on the Canal” Reception for local law students to network with practicing lawyers;
- Endorsing several APA judicial candidates;
- Taking positions on US policy in support of NAPABA;
- Collaborating with local and state bar associations;
- Developing a new Mentor-Mentee program in which local law students are paired with practicing attorneys; and
- Organizing and participating in various other speaking engagements and social events within the legal community.